Kia ora 🙂
I spent the day researching, window shopping, getting excited and then cooking all in one hell of a swoop! But really what’s going on in my mind was simple DIYs that I could with all the clutter I find in the house lately. Mostly, I notice glass containers. So I went to the internet to search what use I can make of those.
Etching glasses came up!
Etching because you use etching cream. Either, there’s something so magical about this cream that turns the glass a translucent white! If you are playful with colours, the results are beautiful to say the least.
You will need:
- Etching cream
- Craft knife
- Adhesive paper
- and of-course, a glass container 🙂
The process will take atleast 30 minutes depending on how easy/difficult your stencil designs are.
1. Using the craft knife, cut off a stencil from the adhesive paper.
2. Stick the stencil onto your glass container and rub it on firmly to ensure good adhesion.
3. Use the brush to apply a generous amount of etching cream into the open part of the stencil. Leave on for five minutes.
4. Rinse glass thoroughly with warm water to remove all the cream from the surface then peel off the stencil.
P.S: ALWAYS wear rubber gloves and read warning labels carefully when using etching cream.
Here I am: the glass, the cream, the brush, the stencil. I am never good at drawing but tt appears I have enough items to keep me busy the next hour or two longer 🙂 Have a tidy evening yo!